Ten future leaders won an Electrical Distributors’ Association Learning Achievement Award at an annual lunch high above the rooftops at London’s iconic The Shard on Friday 4 March 2022.
Now in its eighth year, the Association’s celebration of training excellence brings together talented individuals from EDA wholesaler and manufacturer businesses. Each worthy winner has delivered an outstanding performance in the EDA’s Product Knowledge Programme or in an apprenticeship.
The Awards were presented by EDA President, CEF’s Managing Director, Chris Ashworth, and Michelle McCutcheon from event sponsors EDA Apprenticeships Plus, the organisation which operates the Association’s Apprenticeship Service.
Margaret Fitzsimons, EDA CEO, says, “Our winners are the cream of the UK’s electrotechnical sector. Travelling from as far afield as Guernsey to the South, Cork in Ireland to the west, and North Yorkshire and from businesses large and small, but they all have one thing in common: each has worked extremely hard to achieve amazing results in their training.
“Every year our high-performing winners and their guests tell us how much they enjoy this event. I think it is because they can see the fantastic career potential offered by our sector and I hope when they go back home they will share the inspiring stories they’ve heard today, encouraging others to follow suit.”
For an outstanding performance in the EDA Product Knowledge Modules the Learning Achievement Awards went to:
- Sian Alford, Edmundson Electrical Ltd in Guernsey
- Joe Sayer, BEW Electrical Distributors Ltd in Peterborough, part of the Fegime UK buying group
- Gary Dowling, Kellehers Electrical, part of Rexel UK Ltd, in Cork, Republic of Ireland
- Dean Jones, Alert Electrical Wholesalers in Ilkeston, part of The IBA Buying Group
- Alex Bright, Termination Technology Ltd in Bristol
- Richard Banks, Deta Electrical Company Ltd, Charlton, Bedfordshire
For an outstanding performance in an apprenticeship the Learning Achievement Awards went to:
- Shannon Rooney-Sadler, BED (Corby) Ltd, part of the ANEW buying group
- Finley Maxwell-Hoff, LAMPS – Lighting and Mains Power Solutions Ltd in Aylesbury, part of the AWEBB buying group
- Joshua Craggs, CEF in Ripon
- Harvey Small, Stearn Electric Co Ltd in Southampton