Dame Judith Hackitt will be amongst the high-profile speakers at Building a Safer Future’s second national conference, which is being held in March in conjunction with UK Construction Week (UKCW).
Registration is now live for Culture Change in Construction: Leading Building Safety. The conference will share the learnings of BSF participants that are engendering a positive culture and behavioural change in building safety, and will be held on 23 March 2023 at the Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Westminster, SW1P 3EE. Places are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
The conference will feature keynotes and presentations from a wide range of leading industry voices. Confirmed speakers include:
- Dame Judith Hackitt
- Steve Elliott, Independent Chair, Building a Safer Future charter
- Capt. John Monks, Director of Safety and Security, British Airways
- Gemma Hancock, Executive Director of Assets and Development, mhs Group
- Gus Carroll, Chair, COMAH Strategic Forum
- Tom Weller, Group Building Safety Manager, Persimmon Homes
- Stewart Kerr, Building Safety Manager, Salix Homes
Nathan Garnett, Director of UKCW at Media 10, comments, “This will be our second conference with Building a Safer Future, and we look forward to creating more momentum through shared learning and experience. There can be no better way of learning than by hearing and meeting those that are pioneering the way in this incredibly important mission to improve building safety in the UK. We are reminded daily how big an issue this is for the whole sector and our society as a whole, so we are honoured to be staging conferences like Leading Building Safety which will play their part in carrying on our mission to foster culture change across the built environment and construction sector.”