The new service allows members to create, amend and manage risk assessments and method statements online via the ECA member website. It uses concise risk assessment (RA) and method statement templates developed with members and leading industry bodies, including the HSE, to help users create these documents quickly and efficiently.
Features include –
· Concise templates, designed specifically for use by contractors
· Allows activity based risk assessments
· Allows documents to be created to cover a range of electrical and other building services activities
· Allows existing RAs to be easily adapted for new jobs
· ‘Auto text’ option to help you fill in essential RA information
· Guidance on risk assessments and method statements
· User manual.
‘Risk Assessments and method statements are an everyday part of contracting for most ECA members but they can be difficult and time consuming to draw up,’ says ECA director of business services, Paul Reeve. ‘We have created e-RAMS in response to requests from members for help with these documents and the new service allows members to overcome many of these problems, making the whole process easier.’