The Institution of Lighting Professionals (ILP) today revealed plans for the coming weeks to provide hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) for lighting engineers, designers, students and consultants.
All the events will be held online and cover a range of lighting topics. Light pollution, contracts, electric vehicles, and road lighting standards are all on the agenda. Booking is already open for several of the sessions, which will be hosted by ILP volunteers and delivered by a variety of lighting experts.
The CPD webinar series line up consists of
- Road Lighting Standards for Europe and beyond, hosted by ILP Ireland on 29 April
- What should Scotland consider when planning electric vehicle charging?, hosted by ILP Scotland on 6 May
- NEC4 Conditions of Contract, hosted by ILP Ireland on 20 May
- Northern England Dark Skies – sharing good practice, hosted by ILP Durham on 25 May
- Planning and lighting – NPPF and the APPG for Dark Skies, hosted by Young Lighting Professionals on 9 June
Attendees can pre-register for a VIP experience: to attend the events live and ask questions, ILP members can book a free place, and non-members are welcome upon payment of the low price of £10 per session. Attendees will also be sent a link to watch the recording afterwards via the ILP website.
ILP Membership Manager, Karen Suggett, says ‘CPD is really important for ILP members, especially when it comes to upgrading membership and I’m delighted the ILP is helping the lighting community so much. The topics covered are so wide ranging, I think there is something for everyone.’
The CPD events are in addition to the Institution’s ongoing ‘Hi Lights’ monthly drop in chat, continuing ‘Light, Seen’ exhibition showcases from ILP Premier members, and ‘How To Be Brilliant’ sessions designed for students and newcomers to the profession. Everyone interested in lighting is welcome at all of these activities.