The ability of the new 2MP, 6MP and 4K Wisenet X PTZ PLUS cameras to operate effectively in environments such as airports, car parks, industrial estates, stadia and city centres, is enhanced by a long list of technically advanced features, which include AI based object tracking, precise PTZ control and improved pre-set accuracy.
The cameras, which have a lightweight, compact form factor, are also able to capture high quality images of objects up to a distance of 200 metres regardless of the lighting conditions, with the help of adaptive IR technology which adjusts the angle of the camera’s IR LEDs to match the level of zoom.
An AI auto-tracking feature allows control room operators to efficiently monitor the movement of objects whilst remaining hands-free to control other cameras. With a right click of a mouse, operators can programme a camera to lock onto and auto-track a specific object. It does so with the help of deep learning video analytics which detects and classifies people and vehicles. The video analytics is supported by AI algorithms unique to Hanwha Techwin.
Alternatively, operators can take advantage of highly accurate manual control PTZ functionality to zoom in to see close up detail of target objects and track their movement.
Other key features and functions of the Wisenet PTZ PLUS cameras include:
- Pre-set accuracy: During their life cycle, most PTZ cameras are likely to be expected to ‘pan and tilt’ many thousands of times and it is not unknown for positioning errors to occur. Wisenet PTZ PLUS cameras, which have a pre-set accuracy of ±0.1˚, are able to detect if they are not precisely aimed at the specified field of view and will move within one second to the correct position.
- Focus save: Applied to up to 32 pre-defined areas, focus save functionality ensures that regardless of the lighting conditions, a camera is able to rapidly come into focus when it is moved to a new position.
- Tilt range: The cameras’ extended tilt range of up to 110⁰ allows any objects positioned above the cameras to be seen.
At the heart of all Wisenet X PTZ PLUS cameras is Wisenet7, Hanwha Techwin’s most powerful chipset to date, which with extreme’ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) functionality that utilises Local Contrast Enhancement and Scene Analysis technologies, is able to facilitate the capture of ultra-clear images from scenes containing a challenging mix of bright and dark areas.
Excellent low light performance is also assured thanks to the utilization of 3D noise reduction technology which, whilst minimising motion blur, uses several filters to isolate and remove pixels that are causing noise, whilst a new noise reduction algorithm improves the edge and colour of objects.
Complying with UL CAP and Secure by Default standards, the Wisenet7 chipset also incorporates an impressive list of ground-breaking technologies which significantly enhance the cyber security credentials of the Wisenet PTZ PLUS cameras. They also benefit from a Hanwha Techwin proprietary device certificate issuing system which embeds unique certificates into Wisenet products during both the development phase and manufacturing process. This further enhances the camera’s ability to prevent hackers from tampering with its firmware.
Compact and approximately 65% lighter than most PTZ domes, the camera-mount installed Wisenet X PTZ PLUS cameras can be quickly and easily deployed, requiring engineers during a first fix to just ‘match 3 points and twist’. This conveniently enables them to tighten screws without having to hold onto the camera. Unlike conventional PTZ cameras which require up to 5 separate cables, the Wisenet X PTZ PLUS cameras only need a single RJ45 cable to operate and this is installed with a flexible bush to ensure the camera is waterproof.
The new Wisenet PTZ PLUS cameras are as follows:
- Wisenet XNP-9250: 4K 25x PTZ camera
- Wisenet XNP-9250R: 4K 25x IR PTZ camera
- Wisenet XNP-8250: 6MP 25x PTZ camera
- Wisenet XNP-8250R: 6MP 25x IR PTZ camera
- Wisenet XNP-6400: 2MP 40x PTZ camera
- Wisenet XNP-6400R: 2MP 40x IR PTZ camera
“Our comprehensive Wisenet camera line-up offers a variety of options for monitoring wide open areas. However, I would encourage consultants, system designers and system integrators to take a close look at our PTZ PLUS range when there is a need to closely monitor and automatically track moving people or vehicles,” says Uri Guterman, Head of Product & Marketing for Hanwha Techwin Europe.
“Our design, development and manufacturing teams have combined their expertise to pack these cameras with a long list of practical features and innovative technology which collectively will surely meet, if not exceed, users’ expectations.”