In April 2022 ManoMano UK launched a new platform, ManoManoPro, designed by, and for, tradespeople and related businesses as a ‘one-of-a-kind’ dedicated B2B service aimed to make their lives easier. One year on and the platform now offers over 1.5 million products from over 500 sellers, establishing it as one of the go-to destinations for trade professionals in the UK.
The platform, which is also available as a mobile application, combines the power of the ManoMano UK marketplace with specially tailored products and services, and the purchase process, therefore saving trade professionals time to focus on the task at hand.
Since launch, the platform has only continued to grow in popularity within the trade industry. In March the total number of signups increased by 11% compared to February, whilst total sign ups in Q1 2023 increased by 73% versus the previous quarter.
The app has also performed strongly over the last year, with over 500,000 downloads from Apple and Android users so far, and an average rating of 4.6/5.
Trade professionals across the UK have been taking advantage of the benefits of the service since launch, with London, Manchester and the west Midlands proving the most popular locations so far. Trade generalists form the majority of sign ups with 22% of the total figure, whilst carpenters (9%) and maintenance workers (8%) have also taken a shine to the new service.
Providing a simple way to buy tools and materials, seek advice and streamline admin, ManoManoPro launched with a pledge to give professionals back an hour of their day, every day. The major expansion of its product catalogue and seller partnerships is testament to the rapid growth and success of the service over the last year, offering:
- A simplified purchasing process that can be performed quickly on a single platform, reserved for professionals who can sign up by entering their company number or company name.
- Accessibility to a wide range of products (catalogue size 1.5 million) anytime, anywhere via the online catalogue or app with 24h delivery on key items.
- The ability to manage multiple projects remotely at the same time.
- A dedicated team at the service of every customer, providing a personalised experience and expert advice through a team of specialists available by telephone, email, or online chat from Monday to Friday (8am-6pm) who can help make decisions and provide information on products according to each project.
- Simple invoice management and an app for step-by-step order tracking to save time and help Pros to focus on the task at hand.
- A personalised navigation experience according to each users activity.
The positive performance of ManoManoPro over the last year in the UK encouraged ManoMano to pursue its international expansion, with the service launching in Germany seven months later in November 2022.
ManoMano aims to continue the strong launch of ManoManoPro in the UK by targeting 19% of all sales to be done through the app.
Marie Mahiou, Head of Spart UK at ManoMano, says, “It has been great to see such a positive response to the new platform within the UK trade industry one year since launch. With 2023 looking to be an extremely busy year for trade, and rising costs continuing to challenge the nation, we want to ensure our service helps make the lives of trade professionals easier by becoming their back-pocket go-to for all tools and materials.”