With the fast evolution of the COVID-19 virus impacting all businesses throughout the UK and the country in lockdown, NAPIT addresses the impact this is having on members and what measures they have put in place to help support them during this time.
Many tradespeople, since the coronavirus outbreak hit the UK, have found themselves either not able to work, or not gaining any new work. Some, however, are continuing to work, as the Government have advised to continue carrying out emergency or essential work to ensure our homes and key buildings, such as hospitals, can continue to operative safely.
NAPIT is providing support to its members, whether they are still going out to work or are staying home, and have the following support functions available to them during this unprecedented time:
• Members Emergency Work Register – Consumers can use the ’emergency call out’ filter to identify those members who are available to carry out emergency works. View the search function here: https://www.napit.org.uk/member-search.aspx
• New exclusive service NAPIT Leads – A zero set-up cost solution to drive inbound telephone sales leads. In these difficult times, if members are in a position to take on new emergency enquiries on a cost per lead basis, then NAPIT Leads can help.
• Copronet – Members can continue working remotely with their clients and team members by using Copronet. The project management tool allows plans and drawings to be commented on live, as if you are sitting around the same table. NAPIT members can have the Pro Plan free, forever, worth £300+ VAT per annum. Visit https://www.copronet.com/working-with-napit/
• Fees and renewal support – NAPIT has put a range of options in place to reflect the different circumstances of individual members.
• Voicing members concerns – NAPIT has relayed the main issues that members have reported to them in discussions with The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), to take into a wider government review on the impact of COVID-19.
• Customer Service – The NAPIT team remains on-hand to talk to over the phone as usual.
• NAPIT Desktop & Mobile support – On-hand as always to help with software and app support.
• Regular email bulletins – Covering updates on the latest COVID-19 news and technical information available.
• Weekly Webinars – Free weekly member exclusive CPD technical webinars with the NAPIT technical team, designed to get members up to speed on all the latest updates and allow them to grow their CPD portfolio.
• Accessible technical support – NAPIT’s technical helpline team is dedicated to welcoming any calls of a technical nature as normal.
• Competent Person Magazine – Now being distributed to all members digitally straight into their inbox.
• Online technical articles and resources – NAPIT is increasing the amount of technical content accessible to members over the coming weeks.
• NAPIT Forum – A platform for members to communicate with one another or query the NAPIT Team.
Mike Andrews, NAPIT Group Chief Executive, says, “It is an extremely worrying time for everyone. Not only are we faced with health concerns for ourselves and our loved ones, but also for the future of our businesses. NAPIT are doing all that we can to support our members, consumers and the wider industry during this unprecedented time.”
If you are entering people’s premises to undertake any work, please follow the Public Health Guidelines on safe working, which is available to view by clicking here.