Designed primarily for installers operating in the building services engineering and construction sectors, the resource is also suitable for anyone wanting to develop their knowledge and understanding of what the Green Deal and the ECO entails. Details are also included on the funding options available for energy efficiency improvements.
Cathryn Hickey, executive director of the National Skills Academy, explained, ‘Green Deal training really comes to life with our new online course. This interactive tool is highly engaging, enabling quick and easy access to additional documents, policies and snippets of information, which all help to provide a solid grounding in the government’s new scheme. Users can review information at any time and even test their knowledge at the end of each module.
‘In designing this course, we aim to raise awareness of all the key areas surrounding the Green Deal, establishing a workforce that is properly equipped to facilitate the success of the scheme.’
By the end of the course users will be able to confidently:
• state what the Green Deal is and why it was introduced
• explain the fundamental principles of how the Green Deal operates
• state what the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is and why it was introduced
• explain the fundamental principles of how the ECO operates
• identify the various funding options for property owners wanting to make energy efficiency improvements
• explain the requirements and steps to become a certified Green Deal Installer.
The online course has been split into two learning modules: The Green Deal and the Energy Company Obligation and The Green Deal Installer Certification Overview. At the end of each module there are series of questions putting your learning to the test.
The next few weeks will also see the launch of four new courses, enabling individuals to train to become Green Deal Assessors:
• Level 3 Certificate in Domestic Energy Assessment (QCF)
• Level 3 Diploma in Domestic Green Deal Advice – Upskill (QCF)
• Level 3 Certificate in Non-Domestic Energy Assessment (QCF)
• Level 4 Diploma in Non-Domestic Green Deal Advice – Up-skill (QCF).
The new Green Deal and ECO e-learning course is available to purchase from: www.nsaet.org.uk/shop