The awards recognise the achievements of companies involved in the Green Deal initiative and the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO). Presented by Rory Bremner, the event brought together some of the biggest names in the industry.
‘Green Deal is an important scheme for anyone involved in the building services industry,’ commented NICEIC’s sector specialist manager, Dani Putney. ‘It is a great honour to be recognised by our industry peers.
‘NICEIC has been involved with Green Deal from the very start – initially working with UKAS on a pilot scheme to test the certification process, to becoming the number one certification body for installers.’
In May 2012, NICEIC became one of 14 companies to operate Green Deal certification in the first wave of official approvals by UKAS. Since then, NICEIC have achieved UKAS accreditation across all Green Deal measures – ensuring it has a solution for every requirement an installer may have, regardless of the sectors they work in.
NICEIC registered its 1,000th installer in January 2014. The judges praised NICEIC’s work in educating consumers and specifiers about the scheme.
Dani added, ‘When the government launched Green Deal it was a difficult scheme to understand. NICEIC has worked hard to communicate with both installers and consumers so the benefits of Green Deal can be easily identified.
‘Green Deal certified companies not only have greater opportunities to work in the growing “green” sector, they also benefit from improved ability to manage their company and to deliver good customer service consistently.
‘Green Deal certification also gives the consumer confidence that the firm it employs to carry out work on their home has been checked and assessed by a relevant body.’
In addition to developing a fast track scheme which allows installers to achieve accreditation quickly, NICEIC has:
• Launched www.yourgreendealhome.co.uk – a consumer facing website explaining the whole process in simple, easy to follow steps
• Developed the Insulation Warranty Scheme, providing installers with access to OFGEM and Green Deal insulation guarantees
• Trained over 40 technical engineers nationwide to deliver Green Deal assessments across all sectors, in the shortest time possible
• Created a technical helpline for installers featuring a team of individuals with a vast array of skills and experience across all sectors
• Delivered nationwide ‘roadshow style’ events to provide industry advice and support for installers and consumers
‘NICEIC has been at the forefront of supporting the Green Deal initiative from the very beginning,’ added Dani.
‘Our commitment to ensure the scheme is a success is unrivalled throughout and we are committed to delivering an improved service to our existing and future customers to maintain our position as the leading certification body of choice.’