Schneider Electric has announced the availability of its Easy UPS Series for electrical professionals. The series includes Easy UPS SMVS a single-phase line-interactive UPS; Easy UPS SRVS, a single-phase online double conversion UPS available in tower and rack-mounted versions; and Easy UPS 3S, a three-phase, online double conversion UPS. From offices to commercial buildings, small-to-medium data centres and industrial environments, Easy UPS offers resilient backup power for critical applications.
The Easy UPS series is available in a number of new specifications, offering diverse and resilient back-up power for electrical installers and contractors. They include:
- Easy UPS SMVS – single-phase line-interactive UPS from 750 to 3000 VA, featuring pseudo-sinusoidal signalling, LCD display, USB port and optional SNMP card.
- Easy UPS SRVS – single-phase online double conversion UPS available in tower and rack-mounted versions of 1 to 10 kVA. This range features manual and automatic bypass, LCD display and two-year warranty with extended runtime via external batteries.
- Easy UPS 3S – three-phase, online double conversion UPS, up to 96% efficiency in double conversion mode and 99% efficiency in ECO mode. Compatible with VRLA or Lithium-ion batteries Easy UPS 3S comes complete with conformal-coated printed circuit boards, replaceable dust filters and overload protection.
“Easy UPS is one of our most accessible UPS ranges to-date, meeting the requirements of the professional electrical specifier and installer community with their competitive specifications and price points,” said Nico Van Der Merwe, Home & Distribution VP, UK & Ireland, Schneider Electric. “With ease of installation, a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and unbeatable quality, Easy UPS presents a versatile, affordable uninterruptible power system, ensuring business continuity for inconsistent power conditions.”
Key features across the range include:
- Greater efficiency – Up to 96% efficiency in double conversion mode
- Wide input voltage range – protecting users against high fluctuations in power
- Intuitive LCD/LED interface – providing status updates for fast diagnostics
- High energy savings – Up to 99% efficiency in Schneider Electric ECO mode
- Fast recharging – offering up to 90% capacity in four hours and protect against frequent outages
- Easy monitoring, management, and services
- A wide operating temperature range and strong overload protection
Uptime and the need for uninterruptible power remain a key consideration for mission critical applications. According to the Uptime Institute global annual data centre survey 2020, 75% of respondents cited that downtime could have been preventable with better management, processes or configuration.
Easy UPS are EcoStruxure-ready, offering simplified monitoring, management and comprehensive, 24/7 services via Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Asset Advisor software. With an optional Web/SNMP card, proactive remote monitoring enables users to mitigate emerging fault conditions and reduce the cost of on-site servicing, while minimising the risk of unplanned downtime.