Schneider Electric is launching a new 18th Edition e-book that includes vital information as well as the latest products to help installers comply with new changes to regulations.
Amends to the BS 7671:2018 Wiring Regulations came into force on 28 March 2022 and Schneider Electric has created this guide for electricians to determine and understand the changes. The e-book provides information on the key amends and how these might affect electricians and electrical businesses. These include:
- Changes to special location installations including solar and EV systems, which is an indicator that this area of technology is going to grow.
- Prosumer low voltage electrical installations and the need for systems that can both produce and store energy. This is a clear sign that future energy systems will need to work differently and have greater capacity.
- Installation requirements for fire risk buildings including escape routes and cabling.
- Removal of the CRL calculation and the increased need for surge protection.
- Requirement for new labelling in some circumstances, including the colour of functional earthing changing from cream to pink.
Schneider Electric is committed to equipping electricians with the latest technology, tools, and advice to ensure the electrical industry continues to flourish. They offer end-to-end solutions for the 18th Edition amendments, including the Easy9 range of residential consumer units, which addresses the need for increased capacity to support homes of the future.
Nico Van Der Merwe, Vice President of Home and Distribution UK at Schneider Electric says, “With several amendments to the 18th Edition, we appreciate this can be a lot to digest and can present some immediate challenges. However, we see this as a great opportunity for the electrical industry and we’re confident that our line-up of compliant products will support electricians, contractors, and our partners – ultimately putting them in a great position to adapt to the needs of homes of the future and giving them some much needed peace of mind.”