During the GSMA Thrive Asia Pacific online event, the Industrial Development Bureau of Taiwan presented the solutions for smart cities developed by Taiwanese companies. Through its 3D immersive online platform “Smart City Taiwan 360,” exhibiting from November 3 until early next year, the technological capabilities of Taiwan. What will be presented fall into several categories, including Mobility, Governance, Health, 5G and more.
- Parking GO, by FarEastone is a Smart Parking Service through a geomagnetic Sensor System that allows Parking Spot Search. By adding the Parking GO LINE account, users can be navigated to vacant spots and pay their parking fees online by linking to the Parking Megaphone app. The service not only makes parking more convenient, but improves operators’ ticket-issuing efficiency, allowing local governments to utilise data analytics to meet parking demands.
- EV Charging Infrastructure Solutions, by Noodoe. Charging equipment, interactive KIOSK billboards and VR tourism services are set up at hotels and visitor centres, Noodoe provides EV Charging Monitoring and Operator Management Platform for Smart Cities, and an all-new tourism experience.
- AR Navigation, by Askey Computer. Based on beacon’s positioning capability, Askey utilizes Mobile Edge Computing AR technology to guide travellers to their destination intuitively. During the process, discounts and shopping coupons will appear on the screen, adding to the shoppers experience.
- AI Air Pollution Management Platform for City Governance, by Cameo. Introducing air pollution sensors that automatically detect environmental conditions such as temperature, humidity, and toxic substances. By linking with national monitoring station data, the system can analyse and provide estimations, early warning and locate the source of pollution.
- AI-based Platform for dengue fever prevention, by Wistron. To provide an effective solution to the spread of dengue fever in summer, AI image recognition has been combined with an automatic counting model to perform risk control and early warning analysis.
- Autonomous Intelligent Drones Solution, by CIRC. A commercial drone solution for security and industrial inspections using the smart fleet management system, providing on-site image collection in combination with an autonomous drone, to patrol large areas.
- Smart 3D Fire-fighting Position Tracking System, by eZoom. To improve rescue efficiency and public safety, 3D models of buildings are created with integrated Web GIS, indoor full panorama images and Personnel Tracking System. Commanders can track the location and status of firemen within a site through the real-time indoor positioning system.
- Smart VR/MR Disaster Reduction Service, by APEX. The integration of VR, MR, and 720o simulated wireless interactive technologies facilitate virtual disaster relief training. With the establishment of the database, domestic/foreign disaster cases are collected to research on the optimized disaster relief and prevention models and compile training material for domestic fire and disaster prevention industries, academia, and government to improve disaster relief capability.
- Mobile Vision Testing Integrated Service, by Leosys. Healthcare Information Platform uses portable vision testing equipment with AI-assisted interpretation to provide examinations to people remotely. Increasing the number of vision tests in remote regions, provides warning of diseases, supplements the lack of medical personnel, reducing social, medical, and welfare costs.
- Safety D+ Card, by Fashion Intelligence. The “Safety D+ Card” utilizes IoT and Bluetooth positioning technology to track children and seniors with dementia. Collaborating with 7-ELEVENs and community sites, “Smart Health Measurement Stations” are set up, encouraging seniors to be more active.
- MPHR Integrated Cloud-based Co-Care Platform, by Advmeds. Integrating the healthcare resources of Kaohsiung, Pingtung, and Penghu, the platform offers health monitoring services in communities through “Self-Help Health Stations” connecting core hospitals with primary care clinics on “Co-Care Cloud Platform”, creating Taiwan’s largest community co-care network.
- iDiabCare Management Platform, by Compal. This combines a hospital system using AI, deep learning technologies, cloud service platform and professional medical support with a social platform for patients, case managers, and medical material distribution channels, a remote care solution and sharing platform that are provided to serve diabetics around the world.
- 5G Smart Factory, by Inventec. An automated error detection system was developed for factory production lines by using 5G technology. Volumes of images are transferred via 5G to AI and cloud servers where learning algorithms are used to decrease false positives and increase production efficiency.
- 5G Smart Stadium, by Taiwan Mobile. 5G technology is applied to baseball services so fans can access personalized services. This improves buzz amongst fans and interactive experiences between teams and fans.