- These terms and conditions will apply to all Competitions operated by All Things Media Ltd, and will set the basis for the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and what will happen to the data collected. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- All Things Media Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, or any even out of All Things Media Ltd’s reasonable control. Any changes will be highlighted at the bottom of this page.
- In the event that entrants would like to dispute the Rules, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The winner of the Competition will be randomly selected from a list of qualifying and successful entrants, and will be notified by the Editor of the All Things Media Ltd publication at the earliest convenience.
- To qualify to enter a Competition operated by All Things Media Ltd, you must be a resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, and/or the Isle of Man. The address provided with the competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to send any prizes, so please ensure that it is correct.
- In the event that an address is missing from an entry, the Editor will make every endeavour to contact the winner via email. In this event, there will be a 14-day period between the correspondence being made with the winner, and the prize being forfeited. In the event of forfeiture, another qualifying entrant will be selected at random.
- Employees of All Things Media Ltd and their immediate families, or persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors, will be prohibited from entering the Competition, and will not qualify.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. All Things Media Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Only entrants aged over 18 will be eligible to enter any Competition, with All Things Media Ltd reserving the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breach any of the Rules.
- As with forfeiture, in the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, All Things Media Ltd will endeavour to find another qualifying entrant to receive the prize. In the event that no other entrant can be found, All Things Media Ltd reserves the right to withdraw the Competition.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where stated) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and All Things Media Ltd discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, All Things Media Ltd reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. All Things Media Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, All Things Media Ltd does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the All Things Media Ltd publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. All Things Media Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of All Things Media Ltd and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- All Things Media cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. All Things Media is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude All Things Media Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by All Things Media Ltd for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to ensure competitions are conducted in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- By providing your personal data you consent to All Things Media Ltd transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If All Things Media Ltd does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- All Things Media Ltd will share data relevant to the competition with the company providing the competition prize. This data will not be used for marketing purposes, unless express permission has been granted.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.