The global energy crisis is hitting homes and businesses hard across the UK, with many people feeling their energy costs are spiralling out of control.
Teledyne FLIR has developed a wide range of thermal imaging cameras that reveal the hidden sources of energy loss. These tools empower you to proactively detect and resolve energy leaks, which can all add up to help lower bills and increase energy efficiency.
FLIR’s personal thermal cameras are designed to be affordable and convenient. That means you can easily find significant areas of heat loss in your home that you otherwise might never have noticed:
- FLIR ONE – this small thermal camera connects to your smartphone, giving you thermal vision in the palm of your hand. It’s supported by the FLIR Home Inspect app, which also offers guidance on what you can do once you’ve identified an issue.
- C5 – this pocket-sized thermal imager can help you identify overheating fuses, find air leaks around windows and doors, track plumbing leaks, and more. It connects automatically to the FLIR IgniteTM cloud for handy and secure image storage.
Home inspection professionals
FLIR offers a range of products that combine functionality with reporting software to enable inspectors to reach more customers and deliver real impact. These products allow inspectors to deliver the best results for their customers:
- FLIR E8-XT – the perfect tool for diagnosing electrical, mechanical and building problems. It connects to the FLIR Tools app so you can easily share images and findings.
- FLIR E52 – suitable for professional home inspection, this 240 x 180 pixel thermal detector features streamlined reporting via integration with FLIR routing software, a built in mic for voice annotation, and is fully compatible with FLIR Thermal Studio reporting software, meaning less time spent crunching images and more time inspecting.
FLIR’s condition monitoring tools help businesses of all sizes and sectors to not only identify energy leaks, and even pinpoint invisible performance issues before they become problems, allowing maintenance teams to proactively optimise their business’s energy efficiency:
- FLIR Ex-Series – powerful troubleshooting tools for building, electrical, and mechanical applications. With resolution options up to 320 × 240 infrared pixels and the ability to accurately measure temperatures from -20°C to 550°C, the Ex-Series has models to fit your target size, working distance, visual detail needs, and budget.
- FLIR Exx-Series – exceptional thermal imaging with onboard inspection routing to speed up surveys and simplify reporting.
- FLIR Si124 – acoustic imaging that allows accurate identification of pressurised leaks in compressed air systems or partial discharge from high-voltage electrical systems.
What to do once you’ve found an energy leak
Detecting heat and energy loss is the first key step in combatting rising energy costs. The next is fixing it to improve your energy efficiency. Therefore, the sooner you identify and resolve your energy loss issues, the more money you’ll save (while reducing your carbon footprint at the same time). FLIR’s thermal cameras take the guesswork out of identifying issues. FLIR’s range means you can focus your budget in the best way, to bring energy costs down and increase energy efficiency now and into the future.